Friday, January 1, 2010

First Day, Fresh Start

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think in this world of Facebooking, Myspacing, and Tweeting, I have become too connected-if that's even possible. When I first graduated college, I said goodbye to my friends and hoped beyond hopes that we would be able to stay in touch. Some of them had some social networking pages, but some had nothing. Months went by without contact with some of them.
Then, suddenly, everyone I knew-and some I barely knew-were adding me! It was so exciting to get to see pictures of their friends and family. I was great to message each other or comment each other's profiles. Then EVERYONE got on. Now I have added everyone from college friends to distant friends of my family members. I see the daily happenings of people I never really talked to when I was able to see them in person. I post a picture and everyone sees. I find a boyfriend and everyone knows....he dumps me.....and guess what....everyone is commenting.
Social networking has taken gossip to a whole new level. People don't even have to tell each other...they just read the juicy news on your status update, comment-and all their friends now know. I do believe we've reached that "too much of a good thing" moment.
So, needless to say, no one on my social networking sites know I have this blog. For once, I want to be able to post that I'm having a crappy day without having someone preach at me because I'm complaining. I know that statement sounds horrible, but it's true.
I'm hoping to post something everyday. I want to kind of "chronicle' everything that happens in this year.
For tonight, I'm signing off. Resident Evil Extinction is on, so, ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment