Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm flattered....really......

So tonight I was on Facebook and saw where someone had been answering questions about me on this social interview application. The picture shows a little of what they had to say...nothing bad...actually everything was quite flattering.
However, sometimes I wonder if people really know the real me. I don't see myself as this wonderful person...I see these faults that would cause people to really dislike me. I'm impatient. I'm shy. I have no friends. I sit at home and do nothing every evening simply because I have no one to do anything with.
I don't see myself as beautiful, yet others do. I don't see myself as an inspiration to others, but apparently I am.
It's so difficult being placed on a pedestal. It's so much harder to really be who you are, because there are people watching. People look up to you, so you can't fail or have bad days. If you do, you have to keep it to yourself because they just wouldn't understand you throwing a fit about being lonely or frustrated.
As much as I appreciate the kind things people say about me, it is so difficult to know what others expect me to live up to.
Sometimes I wonder, if they really knew me...would they still say all these wonderful things about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment